Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

Whitehead - I noticed your thread on novel proteins from

Customer Question

Hi Dr. Whitehead - I noticed your thread on novel proteins from 8/13 and was wondering if you know of any studies that provide concrete evidence to support the benefits of these proteins?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 1 year ago.

Great question. There is tons of information in the literature supporting the benefits of novel proteins in dogs. This concept has been studied for years and there have been many many studies that provide definitive evidence for the use of novel proteins for the treatment of many different allergies and reactions. Most of these articles are in peer reviewed journals such as JAVMA that require memberships to view the whole article. but just an article that you can see the abstract.

http://www.researchgate.net/publication/11631938_Evaluation_of_selected-protein-source_diets_for_management_of_dogs_with_adverse_reactions_to_foods

Definitive evidence is published throughout the veterinary dermatology reference books too. Also all large food companies have spent millions of dollars and have article after article supporting this claim.

Are you looking for evidence for a specific condition?

I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi - Sorry for the delay getting back to you. I cannot access the paper. Is there a way that you could provide a copy of any specific papers which show the benefits of novel protein based diets? This is what I was looking for - you can email to [email protected] Thanks!

Unfortunately I am unable to provide publications that require subscriptions.