Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My dog has been lethargic, loss in appetite, thirst, and

Customer Question

My dog has been lethargic, loss in appetite, thirst, and having accidents in the house. It happened in a very short amount of time, two weeks. The vet said he has diabetes and a heart murmur and I need to put him down. I would like another opinion.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry to hear of this. I treat diabetic dogs with heart murmurs regularly. Are there extenuating circumstances that would preclude treatment? Can you upload a copy of his test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy of the results at home but his vet should be able to give you one which you could scan into your computer and give me the link or you can photograph the page(s) and upload the images by using the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (not if you're using the chrome browser) or by using an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com.