petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience caring for dogs and cats
21300550

I accidently cut you off, did not realize you were going to

Customer Question

I accidently cut you off, did not realize you were going to add to the answer. My 85# ***** may have ingested 1-2 Lyrica. I really think she spat the one out and got nothing. Your answer above indicates I should observe. But you were typing something I did not read and did not mean to be rude....She is 2 years old, Doberman mix and on no medication.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure which expert you were working with previously, but on my end, it appears as if your question is unanswered. I apologize for the delay. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years’ experience and would be happy work with you if you are still needing assistance.
I sounds as if you are concerned that Sarah may have ingested some expired Lyrica. Lyrica (or pregablin) is a medication that can be safely used in dogs, however it is not commonly prescribed. When used there is a large dosage range. If she is an 85 lb dog, if she ate one or even two, this would still be within the accepted range of dosing, so I would not expect any issue. Being that it was a drug that her body was not used to, if there were to be any effect at all, I would expect perhaps a mild sedation. In any case, I am sure if there was, it would be worn off by now.
Hopefully, you didn't see any adverse effects, or even if so, hopefully she is back to normal now.
I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.
Dr Z