Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 12 year old Collie has s third eyelid covering half of s

Customer Question

My 12 year old Collie has his third eyelid covering half of his left eye. We took him to the Vet and they could not find anything unusual or wrong with the eye. They gave us some eye drops to apply twice a day. The only thing different we have been doing with him is putting a small fan on the floor to keep him cooler in the warm humid weather. This condition does not seem to bother him. We are going to discontinue use of the fan for now.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:
Is only one third eye lid up?
Are his pupils the same size?
Any redness, irritation, squinting or tearing with the eye?