Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

Have 90 lb choc lab. Ear infection. Can I give her Tylenol

Customer Question

Have 90 lb choc lab. Ear infection. Can I give her Tylenol or Advil till we see get tomorrow
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
I am very sorry to hear that Bailey is so uncomfortable. Now we have to be very careful with human pain relief medications as many can be toxic to dogs or risk causing serious harm (ie stomach ulcers). Therefore, in this case, if you are going to use any human medication (provided of course she isn't on anything else already) then you can consider using Aspirin. You can read more about this drug and the dose we can use for her @ http://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/library/over-the-counter/acetylsalicylic-acid-aspirin
Finally, if you use this, do make her vet aware that you have since it will require them to modify their own pain relief treatment for her until the aspirin is out of her system.
I hope this information is helpful.
If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!
All the best,
Dr. B.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )