Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I'm worried my dog has an ear infection. I have cleaned it

Customer Question

Hi I'm worried my dog has an ear infection. I have cleaned it out using a solution we had from the vet previously which removed most of the dirt and wax. But he has weird brown spots in one of his ears. They seem to go quite far down the ear canal
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Photos attached
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:
Is it the discoloration on the top margin (top left) that you are referring to? Or the discharge on the bottom of the photo?
Are you able to get the ear drops into the ear (as the canal looks very swollen there)?