Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My dog just ate 5 tablets of pro quiet with the main

Customer Question

My dog just ate 5 tablets of pro quiet with the main ingredient being tryptophan. She already had one tablet earlier in the day. She is a beagle rate terrier mix weighing 28 pounds. Is this a toxic amount? What should I do?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome,

Just to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so.

We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again and thanks for waiting.

I have worked out an answer for you below ...

1. Good news! This product { Pro quiet } is more of a food supplement rather than a drug and as such has a very high margin of safety in the dog. so much so that the amount your dog ate is unlikely to have any toxic effect whatsoever. She may perhaps experience a mild transient bout of gastroenteritis purely because of ingesting a larger amount of this product than normal but even this may well not happen.

2. There are no special measures you need take in this sort of situation other than just keeping an eye on her.

She should be just fine ...

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Dr Scott.
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much. I really appreciate your thorough response! I feel much better now, and I'm just going to keep a close eye on her.

Hello again ,

No problem, very glad to have advised you. I should be available online for you for at least the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate get straight back to me if your dog's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

Kindest regards,

Dr Scott

Hi Danielle,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how your dog is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the Pro Quiet incident.

How are things going?

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you { Using the site rating system }, such feedback really helps me maintain the quality of my answers.