Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My dog has a wBC of 1700 and gh liver enzymes.

Customer Question

My dog has a wBC of 1700 and high liver enzymes.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My dog has a wBC of 1700 and high liver enzymes. Shes 8 yrs. Old and seems OK . She on amoxicillen and going to start Flagyl. For the liver problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Can you upload a copy of her complete test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy of the results at home but his vet should be able to give you one which you could scan into your computer and give me the link or you can photograph the page(s) and upload the images by using the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (not if you're using the chrome browser) or by using an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com. What symptoms prompted her having diagnostics performed?

In general, leukopenia (low white blood cells) and neutropenia (low numbers of the white blood cell neutrophil) occur infrequently in dogs because they have a large bone marrow storage pool of neutrophils. Leukopenia indicates a poor prognosis. Neutropenia is usually caused by excessive tissue consumption of neutrophils during severe inflammation and/or reduced bone marrow production.