Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My 12 lb dog just ate 30mg pill of armor thyroid

Customer Question

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

Ingesting a 30 mg pill of armor thyroid is similar to ingestion of a 0.05 mg (50 micrograms) of the dog formula.

Your dog weighs 12 pounds (5.5 kg) and his dose of this medication if he were being treated for hypothyroidism would be 0.1 mg of the levothyroxine so he should be just fine. This is below the dose that he would be administered if he were hypothyroid and with one dose of thyroid supplementation I would not expect to see any issues with him today

Please let me know if this information makes sense and any additional questions I can assist with today

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!
If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Phoebe Barnard. How is everything going?
Dr. Altman