Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

I know i have to retest in 6 weeks but my question is if you

Customer Question

I know i have to retest in 6 weeks but my question is if you have seen differences in effect of soloxine vs thyrotab at same dosage in dogs. This change is due to long term backorder of soloxine
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am afraid that the expert you have requested is not currently available. Still I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
Generally speaking, we do find that the doses for each do tend to be similar if not the same with these two. That said, we do always need to check for the individual dog since each brand is made by different companies.( And that means that there is always a small chance that their inactive ingredients or manufacturing process could alter the drug bioavailability and therefore lead to a slight dose alteration requirement for some dogs). But again I'd not expect Leo to require a major dose change despite a brand change like this.
I hope this information is helpful.
If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!
All the best,
Dr. B.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )