Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My chihuahua was grabbed hard by a Pitt. She walked home

Customer Question

My chihuahua was grabbed hard by a Pitt. She walked home fine, refused food and cries out when she moves. She is resting. I put a pillow under her head.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. However before I can start I need a little more information to make things clearer for me so could you please answer the following :

1. Did she get any wounds of any sort from her encounter with the other dog?

You can then expect a written reply sometime within the next fifteen minutes or so.We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype if this is more convenient for you. Please get back to me if this is more suitable for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The skin was not broken. She slept well last night. She yelps when she moves her neck and head. I just carried her outside and she urinated well. She walks stiffly seems to be in great pain as she tries to lay down.