Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311

I had my dogs on Blue Buffalo Grain Free dog food however my

Customer Question

I had my dogs on Blue Buffalo Grain Free dog food however my one dog wasn't moving her bowels on a regular basis seems she wasn't getting enough fiber causing her not to poop and issues with her annual glands my other dog was fine however on recommendation
from my vet I changed their food to something that would have more fiber I switched them to Natural Balance chicken and sweet potato now they are going too much and having accidents in the house even though this particular dog food I choose is supposed to
be grain free. I need a recommendation of good quality dog food that has a good balance of fiber etc. that will lead them to have normal bowel movements.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question today. Just like an in person consult, I have some questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible...

Was the only problem the fact that one was having constipation issues on the Blue Buffalo?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my one dog was fine on the no grain but the other was constipated
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the additional information. I really appreciate it.

If the only problem was that one dog was a little constipated, if it were me, I'd switch back to Blue Buffalo and add a little plain canned pumpkin (just plain pumpkin, NOT pumpkin pie filling). The pumpkin is full of fiber, which is a natural remedy for constipation.

I hope this helps.

Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lynn,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Ruby And Maddy. How is everything going?
CVT_in_MN