Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My dog's name is Snickers he is a springer mix he weighs

Customer Question

my dog's name is ***** ***** is a springer mix he weighs about 25 to 30 pounds he's breathing very hard constipated very hard for him to move around the biggest problem is he's got fluid in his stomach I can feel it he dribbles out is cuckoohe seems to be very weak he won't eat when he drinks water Evonik up with film in it
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
Aloha! You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner and I regret that I'm not allowed to communicate with customers by phone. If Snickers is breathing hard (dyspnea) - taking more than 40 breaths per minute - and you can feel fluid in his abdomen - right-sided congestive heart failure should be considered and Snicker's would need to see his vet at your earliest convenience. Other disorders resulting in an abdominal effusion (collection of fluid in the abdominal space) include both hepatic and renal failure, bleeding from a ruptured hepatic or splenic tumor, and inflammation secondary to both infection or neoplasia (cancer). All of these disorders are life-threatening and so time is of the essence.
Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.