Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

I gave my dog a Pepcid, can i give m Carafate now?

Customer Question

I gave my dog a Pepcid, can i give him Carafate now?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
Now these two drugs are safe to use together. So, that is no worry for your lad. The only caveat to that is that Carafate needs to be given at least 30 minutes after the Pepcid. This will ensure that the Pepcid is absorbed (and thus can do its job) before we coat the stomach with Carafate.
I hope this information is helpful.
If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!
All the best,
Dr. B.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
nekovet