Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

I gave my dog sentery pro fxc he is 28 hours ago i gave m

Customer Question

i gave my dog sentery pro fxc he is 28 hours ago i gave him abath 2 hours ago to get the product off him .he is haveing a neurological reaction to the poisen crying, restless,i,m trying to get him to drink fluids to flush his system of the pro fxc.he,s very uncomfortable.i called the hotline on back of product.they said 24 to 48 hours the sympton should subside .can i give him some valium to relax.he has no history of any sesiures.its reaction to this product.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
I am very sorry to hear that Hester is sensitive to this product and reacting to it in such a manner. First, I would just note that if you can see/feel any of that product still at the application site, make sure you keep washing it using dish soap (since it breaks down oils better then shampoos will) with cool water. Otherwise, in some cases, we even have to clip the hair to get any lingering chemical away.
Further to this, if he is reacting with agitation, we'd need to be reducing all stimulation for him. Therefore, we'd want to keep him in a dimly lit room that is quiet and calm. The aim is to reduce stimulation to reduce the risk of triggering a seizure, and helping them settle to sleep the effects off. Otherwise, for agitated dogs (that are healthy and have no liver issues), we often do use Valium for these situations. If you wish to read more about that and the dose we use for dogs, then I would advise a read of this LINK: http://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/library/prescription/diazepam-valium. Of course, do be aware that some dogs can have a paradoxical reaction (ie excitement) with this drug. Though for the most part, they do tend to settle with this and it would be an option in this situation.
Please take care,
Dr. B.