Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 7 lb Havanese injured her mid back/spine. She is very

Customer Question

My 7 lb Havanese injured her mid back/spine. She is very sensitive to all meds, for example can take no flea meds except a small dog homeopathic (Little City Dogs) She was put under with gas once for dental cleaning and almost never came back...anyway her vet has prescribed a 5 mg pill, told me to cut it in half, and give it to her once daily for 5 days, then one half pill every other day until gone. He gave her a shot yesterday at 10 am and she is still very lethargic and threw up bile, water and mucus twice today.She is drinking plenty of water. My vet is in surgery all day so i am waiting to ask him if it is really Ok given the vomiting to give her the first dose today of 1/2 of a 5 mg pill. can you advise albeit temporarily?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh good grief- I forgot to say the 5 mg pill is Pregnisone
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Prednisone
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to clarify she has had a Dexameth injection yesterday and is to start a half of a 5mg pill of Prednisone today
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she is 7 lbs
Expert:  Gina replied 1 year ago.
Hello:
First, I'm so very sorry the lack of response, this is not the norm for JustAnswer nor the Expert Community. I just logged in and saw your question sitting in queue and thought I'd reach out to see how your baby is doing now and to see if you still need assistance with this or any other question re: your Havanese girl? If you don't, please let me know that, also, by using the reply box and I'll have Customer Service close down your question for you.
Thank you,
Gina