Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My chihuahua/Pomeranian mix is 2 years old and all off a

Customer Question

My chihuahua/Pomeranian mix is 2 years old and all off a sudden started shaking and dragging herself on her belly...her tail wags when I speak to her, but she doesn't want to be held or touched. She was sleeping on the pillow next to me when this started, so she hasn't fallen. She keeps shaking her head and looking all around but not making eye contact
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.
These symptoms seem very odd but the only thing that could do this is an allergic reaction. Jinxy may have come into contact with something that is making her itch in this area. Perhaps a different detergent or anything that she came into contact previously. If she is still doing this, give her Benadryl at 1 mg per pound every 12 hrs to see if that will help. If it does not, have your vet examine her to be sure we did not miss something.
Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****
Hi Melissa Reasoner,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Jinxy. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta