Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My poodle has a clear sack like growth under her right eye

Customer Question

My poodle has a clear sack like growth under her right eye it does not seem to be painful it's about an eighth of an inch long and looks like a clear fluid sack
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to hear you are worried about Millies's eye. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.
How long has it been there?
If it is fluid filled, it is probably a cyst, an abnormal but usually benign growth. You could have the fluid drained, but it may fill back up again. The only way to tell for certain what this is would be to do FNA, fine needle aspiration which means using a needle to get some of the fluid to be examined microscopically.
The only way to get rid of it would be to surgically remove it under sedation, or have it frozen off with cryosurgery. It is probably benign, but if it gets too big it may be annoying to her.
Let me know if you can post a picture of it here, or if you have any more questions. Rebecca