Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

We sprayed simple on some cat food that had been invaded by

Customer Question

we sprayed simple green on some cat food that had been invaded by ants and my dog ate the food-only 2 sprays-should I take her to the vet?she is a 70 llb labrador
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome,

Just to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so.

We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again and thanks for waiting.

I have worked out an answer for you below ...

1. Good news! : Simple Green is not considered toxic to dogs, Sophie should be just fine, there is a very outside chance you may see a mild transient bout of vomiting and / or diarrhoea but that's about it.

2. There are no special measures you need take in this sort of situation other than just keeping an eye on her.

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Dr Scott.
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.