Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a toy chihuahua and whenever he eats something

Customer Question

Hi I have a toy chihuahua and whenever he eats something outside of his normal diet he gets an upset stomach. He is going to the bathroom normal and is not vomiting. But he just had some of his dry food and a little while later I can tell his stomach was upset. When he was about a year old the vet said he has a mild case if ibs. Is there anything I can do to help him?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 1 year ago.

Hi, how much does he weigh? What signs is he showing indicating his stomach is upset?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He weighs about 3lbs. His tummy makes alot of noise, he curls up, and shakes. When he ate some of his dry food about 15 minutes later he started pacing and wimpered for a few seconds and then I started rubbing his stomach and he calmed down.When I rub his stomach it seems to sooth him because he falls asleep and stops shaking. I gave him some more digestive enzymes and pedi lite and his stomach stopped making noise and he seems to be more comfortable.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One more thing, after I gave him the digestive enzymes and pedi lite he went to the bathroom and his stool was normal consistency no diarrhea or loose stool.
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 1 year ago.

What is the name of the digestive enzymes you gave him? I can look up the ingredients on the internet.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are 4 Life digestive enzymes. This is the link with the information.
http://www.4life.com/us/products/detail.aspxShoppingGroupId=0&ShoppingSubGroupId=318