Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My 14 week old puppy may have gotten some terro ant bait. He

Customer Question

my 14 week old puppy may have gotten some terro ant bait. He bit the plastic but most of the bait was dried and on the floor. It was an older trap. However, his stomach is making noises like a growling sound. I have read on line that it is not dangerous and to do nothing I just want to make sure
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.
There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

1- Do you know if he swallowed any of the plastic?

2- Any vomiting or diarrhea?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no the container was chewed but not eaten I threw it away in tact. no vomiting or diarrhea
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I be concerned?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Friend, the active ingredient in Terro Ant bait has a very wide safety margin in dogs; at worst you may see some mild vomiting or diarrhea otherwise your puppy will be fine; no need to be concern.

As far as the growling sound in the gastrointestinal tract, this can be the result of gas and the smooth muscle contraction in the intestines; I would go ahead and feed him, usually after they eat the sounds will get better.

Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Hi Beth,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Leo. How is everything going?
Dr. Peter