Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Our dog was bitten several hours ago on the tongue by a

Customer Question

our dog was bitten several hours ago on the tongue by a pigmy rattlesnake he is in emergency cay now. the vet just told me his tongue is starting to show spots and underneath also .so tissue damage is setting in . she says if he lives then he will have probs eating and I think also drinking . she says that the tongue never heals.. I read different.. so whats the truth.this dog is our life and do not want to put him down is a partial amputation possable? will it heal?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.
Did she mention what color they were?
How close are they to the puncture wounds?
Does the vet think they are spreading?