Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

I have a pure breed staffy she's almost 2. We recently had

Customer Question

Hi I have a pure breed staffy she's almost 2. We recently had her desexed just over a week ago. She had a love for pulling the clothes off the line. She had stopped all together up until just moments ago. I need some rememedies to make her stop. Please help
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.
It appears that now that Missy has gotten over the surgery, that she is picking up her bad habits again. THis will take some discipline from you after purchasing a DAP Collar at The pet store. This is a canine pheromone that acts as a calming agent and will help sweet Missy to learn what not to do. It will also help to take Missy to a good obedience school to remind her that you are the boss..Then use a coke can with pennies and when you see her going for the clothes, shake the can loudly and say a strong NO! When she complies, praise her and give her a treat. If you do this consistently, Missy will get the idea.
Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****