Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog, mixed breed, was in a terrible situation before we

Customer Question

My dog, mixed breed, was in a terrible situation before we rescued her. And has always been a little fearful. But 1.5 years later, she was great with us -- bouncy, happy, tail up. For the last week, however, she's been very fearful. She urinates on the floor and follows me around, panting. I'm at a loss. We did have my mom visiting last week but she adores my mom. No other changes.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  jadedangel57 replied 1 year ago.
HiCustomer
My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.
In order to supply you with an informed answer, it is necessary for me to collect some additional information from you. When I receive your response or reply, it will likely take me between 30-45 minutes to type up my reply if I am still online when I receive notice that you replied. I hope you can be patient.
Is she eating and drinking normally?
Is she drinking more than normal?
Is there any swelling around her rectal area?
Is her urine orangish or brownish?
Is her tail down now?
Has she had a bath or went swiming?
Is she still using stairs?
Is her back hunched a little?