Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My dog lucked a on human skin that has Arnica gel massaged

Customer Question

My dog lucked a spit on human skin that has Arnica gel massaged into it. Only 3-4 links. A 20 lb 4 yr old Havanese
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
If Hank just licked some Arnica gel that was massaged into someone's skin, then all you need to do just now is rinse his mouth thoroughly with cool water. This will remove any residue on his tongue.
If you think he has swallowed some, then you can dilute this by offering a small volume of cow's milk or a bland diet like rice with boiled chicken, cottage cheese, or scrambled egg.
Overall, a small dose of Arnica from licking is unlikely to cause harm here. So, rinse his mouth +/- offer a light diet to dilute and neutralize this for him. And if he is prone to licking these gels from people, then we'd be best to only apply them when he is not nearby or plan to keep those treated areas covered. But overall this won't cause harm to Hank.
I hope this information is helpful.
If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!
All the best,
Dr. B.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )