Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I think my dog may have hurt s anus. My wife took m to go to

Customer Question

I think my dog may have hurt his anus.
My wife took him to go to the bathroom and said she noticed a piece of foil sticking out and he looked as if he was in pain trying to pass it so she pulled it out now his tail has been down and acts like he needs to go but won't what might be happening
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:
Have you seen any blood since this was removed?
Are his stools soft?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No blood, stool is soft
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,
I am glad to hear that there has been no blood. Since we are playing a bit of time zone tag and it has been a wee while, is he still straining as you initially reported?
Dr. B.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is but we were able to get him in to see his regular vet and got all the answers we needed they didn't think he had anymore in him just that his back side is a little sore so we got him on so pain mess and he is improving. I greatly appreciate all the help but will no longer need any advice at this time