Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My -boxer mixed dog has a problem with her back legs.she

Customer Question

my bull-boxer mixed dog has a problem with her back legs.she never would set all the way down when she was a puppy.she is now three years old.she sits with her legs straight out in front off her .she pulls her self up with her front legs.she can run and jump ,but is very very sore ,when she gets done.i believe that she is in pain .i love her but i think that it is not fair to her.i dont have the money to have her x-rayed r have her seen are fixed.i don't know whats wrong with her are what too do.If you could bring any of this to light for me - It would be truly THANKFUL AND APPRECIATED.Thank you so much for your time and knowledge!DAVID CRAIG ...
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 1 year ago.

Hello My name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience, I am hoping to help you with Jada today. Does she have any problems climbing up and down stairs?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she can climb stairs

Okay thanks for the additional information. Based on what you describing, I would be concerned about something going on with the hips. This would have to be confirmed with x-rays. But she may have a condition called hip dysplasia. This is where their hip joints are abnormal so they don't fit together correctly. This causes friction at the joint leading to pain and arthritis. Sometimes this can be controlled with anti-inflammatory medications and joint supplements but that just depends on how severe it is. If the medications don't work then surgery would be the only thing that would help