Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dogs's eyes have been red before and the vet gave m

Customer Question

My dogs's eyes have been red before and the vet gave him allergy drops and they worked. Now for about 4 days his eyes have been red and he cannot see at all. The vet gave him ointment but said she thinks it is something much worse and since we don't have the money for a specialist we should render him over to the pound do they can take care of him. Do you have any idea what might be wrong with him? On his labs the only high reading is RDW%- 19.1
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years experience and I am hoping to help you with your dog today. Forgive me if there is sometimes a delay in my response as I may be away from my computer at some point. Did your veterinarian do any testing on his eyes or did he just get allergy drops?