Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My 55 pound 6 month old puppy just ate 6 Gas-x chewable

Customer Question

My 55 pound 6 month old puppy just ate 6 Gas-x chewable tabs. Discovered about 15-20 min after ingestion
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! I am Dr. Altman, a licensed veterinarian and happy to answer your questions today.
Gas X is not dangerous and can even be prescribed to dogs for certain conditions. The active ingredient is Simethicone which only has gastrointestinal disruption as side effects. To help your dog prevent any irritation or diarrhea, add 1-2 teaspoons of canned pumpkin to each meal for the next few days. Canned pumpkin (not spiced) will help soothe the intestinal tract and is a natural remedy for both diarrhea and constipation.
If for any reason you notice any unusual symptoms in your dog, contact his regular veterinarian to rule out more serious conditions. Simethicone is difficult to overdose and is not likely to have any persisting effects.
Please make sure that there is no xylitol nor any other active ingredients in this product and if that is the case we should be just fine
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!
If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!
If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier.
If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!