Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My 6 month old dog had a foil pack with panadeine there were

Customer Question

My 6 month old dog had a foil pack with panadeine there were three intact and I am not sure there was a fourth the foil was folded over and when she straightened it out I was able to grab as she dropped it must have had a taste what do I watch out for lorraine
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

Hello Lorraine,

I am sorry you are worried about your puppy. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

How much of the panadeine do you think she got? How long ago did she get it? If she only got a taste of it, she should be fine. If she ate one or more of the pills, then I would be concerned. The toxic dose of paracetamol for a dog her size would be 450 mg, which would be only one of the pills.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I hope you can see my answers. Let me know how she is doing. If she actually ate one or more of the pills, I would get her to your vet. If she only tasted it, she should be fine. Watch for things like not eating, vomiting, and diarrhea.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you but i dont think she had any she is eating and drinking,my question was what should i look out for,it is now 3 hours and no obvious effects thank you again what amount will you be charging???Lorraine
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I was offline when you responded.
It sound like she will be fine. If she is still eating well, and not vomiting by tomorrow, you should have nothing to worry about.
You are welcome. I just answer questions for the website, and do not set charges or payments. It appears you have put down a deposit, and there should be no further charge. You are welcome to get back to me with more questions and updates of her condition.
Kindly consider rating my answer (always appreciated!) so the website know I helped you. You can still get back to me with questions and updates even after rating me.