Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

I have two adult labs and a flea outbreak in my house 2

Customer Question

I have two adult labs and a flea outbreak in my house 2 weeks after applying Paradyne. I just dipped them, but a few live buggers seem to have survived the dip on the really fuzzy dog. I am worried I didn't do a good job putting the paradyne on, can I re-apply now (taking my time) without harming my dog?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
As long as it has been 2 weeks, you can safely re-apply the Paradyne. It is not uncommon to use this product on an every 2 weeks treatment when dogs have some of our more stubborn mites. So, if that much time has passed it would be safe to do so. Of course, if you had just put it on or if it has not been two weeks already since the last treatment, we could not do so and would need to consider flea combing (and drowning fleas in
dish soap) to remove any present until we reached that time frame between doses.
I hope this information is helpful.
If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!
All the best,
Dr. B.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )