Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

My west ghland terrier just ingested approximately 40 of the

Customer Question

my west highland terrier just ingested approximately 40 of the "greenies" brand grain free dental cleaning dog treats..... should i take him somewhere to be evaluated.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 1 year ago.

Hello there. I am sorry to hear Spike decided to eat so many of these treats. I am happy to help you this evening. It would be best to have him seen to have vomiting induced with this number of treats. They can cause bloat and some blockage with the amount that he has eaten. You could try to induce vomiting at home but with this amount he ingested I would be concerned that he could aspirate some of the vomit and cause other issues. The best option is to have him seen and evaluated and have them induce vomiting at the hospital so they can monitor him during this process.

I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!