Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have an small 20 lbs chihuahua mix, she was very

Customer Question

I have an small 20 lbs chihuahua mix, she was very overweight and by jumping from the bed she hurt her left back leg. The groomer who is a Veterinary , but has not license, told me that she had a problem with the knee, he ask me to buy glucosamine with chondroitin. I purchase pro-sense glucosamine 650 mg advanced strenght, with chondroitin & msm. I gave the dog for 2 days already, she chew the tablets with out problem. I called a vet. and explained the situation, i was told she will need an dis inflamatory injection and antibiotics, she told me over the phone, it will cost me $250.00 for that 1 visit, because the medications were very expensive. the visit is only $35.00, can you help me? does this price sounds reasoanable? I am retired and live with my Social Security check and I love my dog!
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.
There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

1- Is she bearing weight on the limb?

2- How long has it been since she hurt herself?

3- How much does she weigh?

4- Any pre existing medical conditions?