Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog flopped down and I think it was a seizure, he never

Customer Question

My dog flopped down and I think it was a seizure, he never did this before, he has has blood work and an echocardiogram, blood work fine, echo d
Showed enlarged heart but he is ok. He is a 10 year old chihuahua. He seems to be breathing slightly heavy but other wise ok
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Pet Doc replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Thank you for your question regarding your Chihuahua boy Benny. Before I put an answer together for you, I am going to need a little more info:

- Could you please describe the episode in more detail? Was he shaking or moving his limbs? Did he urinate or defecate? Were his eyes twitching? Or was he just very still during this time?
- Have you noticed other symptoms over the last few days? Any coughing or breathing issues?
- How long did he take to come around? What was he doing directly prior to the event?

Once you get back to me, I will start typing up my response. Thanks for this and I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Dr E