Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

One morning he came out side and kept falling

Customer Question

one morning he came out side and kept falling
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. You appear to be describing a large anal gland abscess that needs to be thoroughly opened, drained, flushed, and then a systemic antibiotic administered. I'd like to see a photo of his bum but I do understand that he won't appreciate your lifting his tail and snapping a photo. (Can you upload a photo of his bum to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (not if you're using the chrome browser) or you can use an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com. I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.)

The most expedient manner in which to address such an abscess is to have his vet sedate Panda and take care of the abscess for you. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.