Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

Is Neutra-Cide 256 an effective cleaner, roundworms,

Customer Question

Is Neutra-Cide 256 an effective cleaner for hookworms, roundworms, whipworms, etc?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
Neutra-Cide 256 is marketed and licensed as a effective cleaner against only bacteria, fungi, and viruses. There is no data from the company or otherwise noting its effectiveness in clearing worm contamination in a particular environment. Therefore, we would not assume it could.
Furthermore, environmental worm contamination is due to environmentally robust eggs passed in an animals feces. And it is important to know that most of these worms in egg form will resist any disinfectant used unless it is left on the environment for an extended period of time.
With all this in mind, it is worth noting that to rid an environment of egg contamination, we tend to need to use extreme temperatures (freezing or boiling) or dry the area out. Any items that can be sterilized at hot temperatures should be treated in this manner besides any disinfectant. Otherwise, anything too big to treat in this way, should be thoroughly cleaned with a disinfectant (leaving it on for as long as possible) and boiling water. Afterwards, it would be ideal to leave the area without animals for a few weeks to months to allow any remaining eggs to die off before risking further animal exposure.
I hope this information is helpful.
If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!
All the best,
Dr. B.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )