Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

Ihave a14yr old Boxer female who has an breast tumor that

Customer Question

Ihave a14yr old Boxer female who has an breast tumor that sticks about 21/2inches. She does not act like it hurts or anything .She still wants to play and act like a kid. I can't find a vet that will let me pay it out I really need some advice, Please Jeanne cason
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 1 year ago.

Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 15 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.

This does sound like a concerning mass. You are correct that surgical removal with histopathology (biopsy) is really the best next step especially if this is bothering her. If you can apply for Care Credit (www.carecredit.com) then find a vet in your area that accepts this, then that would allow you to pay this out over 6 to 12 months with no interest, depending on the plan offered by the hospital. Unfortunately, most hospitals will not do payment plans with new clients. :(

I am at a point I need to know what questions you have. We can continue our dialogue in this setting.

I hope that the information I provided has been helpful.

Please remember to select REPLY TO EXPERT if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer.

My goal is to provide the best answer possible prior to you leaving a feedback rating.

If you received all the information you needed, then kindly submit a rating.

Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Nicole. How is everything going?
Dr. Joey