Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Denise: We have a 2 year old yellow lab and about 2 weeks

Customer Question

Hi Denise: We have a 2 year old yellow lab and about 2 weeks ago she began having small bumps on the top of her head; looked like hives. They then scabbed over. Today we found a large scab 50 cent size scab on the upper neck. She swims in a pond which has had signs of beaver, she loves chasing down chipmunks. Any thoughts?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've been researching for ideas from mange to mites. I can't afford a real expensive ointment so I was searching for a product that won't have a great deal of negative affects and won't break me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forgot to mention that the night before the scabs appeared she was riding in the car with us and began panting heavily and shaking. We thought she had to go to the bathroom and was getting anxious. She had played for 2 solid days in very warm conditions with 2 other yellow labs. They don't have any signs of scabs or other symptoms.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am afraid that the expert you have requested is not currently available. Still I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
Have the hives totally settled now?
Does Jayney find these itchy at all?
Can you take a photo of this neck lesion? If you can do so and post them online, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the wee paper clip on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on an alternative site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.