Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic dogs, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

What kind of meds do I need to help my dôg,he has some type

Customer Question

What kind of meds do I need to help my dôg,he has some type of worm or parasite that is making his face swell up an you can watch ît happening pleas emergency. My email is c***@******.***
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

Is this the only time the face has swollen like this or is it something that keeps coming back?

How much does your dog weigh?

Dr. Dan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is around100lbs. The swelling moves all over his face one minute his lip will get huge I put menthal rub on it and they move.there all over as is the aswelling,sometime he looks fine for a day or two then its back
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.

It sounds more like this is an allergic reaction as this would not fit any typical parasite dogs get. I would recommend giving him 4 human benadryl capsules twice daily (100mg total twice daily) for the next 2 days. If this does not control the swelling of the face then at that point it could be a reaction with an infection as well. In that case you'll need to see his regular vet, likely with your description it is an allergic reaction and the benadryl should take care of it. I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions.

Dr. Dan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not a reaction, these thing keep piping out there like worms
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome, good luck.

Dr. Dan

Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I don't know what happened there, can you post a picture of these worms?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have part of one I put in a container I can send by pone to a phone or email address, I can't load on my PC
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry my system doesn't have that capability, if these are worms this is not an emergency, I'll opt out and have another expert help you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
These are lœust under the skin not in stool