Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog had swollen salivating glands under s jaw then s

Customer Question

My dog had swollen salivating glands under his jaw then his lymph nodes started to swell went to vet did tests and biops and cultures found nothing. Took to specialist in Memphis they did bunch of tests including biops and cultures they looked down throut and found nothing. They injected him with water due to dehydration 1 week later they went away only 2 months later they started returning. Now they want to do CAT Scan but don't know if that will show anything. Spent 2000 already and cat scan will be another 1800 can u give me some insight as to what may be going on. My dog is a boxer about 6 1/2 yrs old.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Bud. I am a veterinarian, and will do my best to help.

Do you happen to have the results of the biopsy? What exactly was biopsied, the enlarged nodes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They sent off to a lab they biop both glands the tests cost 700 and they tested for everything and came up neg on all tests
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

Biopsy reports don't just say "negative". It is usually a two page report of exactly what was seen. That report would be interesting to me, and might help. Since I can't see and examine him, the more information I have the better I can help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will get them and get back to u
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

That wil help. Since Bud is a Boxer, he is more prone to cancer than other breeds. The report may help me help you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They did not do biop here is the list of tests they did. Histoplasma urine antigen, Bartonella PRC, Lymph node bacterial culture/sensitivity, Oral mass cytology and Laryngeal exam. They tested for fungal infection and intercellular bacterial infection. They did a laryngeal exam found very irritated and red he was then given a fluid under the skin and an injection of a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (meloxicam )