Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

My puppy has blotches raised red rashes in s underside? dont

Customer Question

my puppy has blotches raised red rashes in his underside? dont know if it is from chlorine water from our pool or from grass
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 1 year ago.

Hello there. I am sorry to hear about Zeus skin and the raised spots. I am happy to help you this evening. The benadryl spray and allergy shampoo can definitely help but usually these spots are the result of a secondary bacterial infection. He is most likely having a sensitivity to something in the grass that is resulting in inflammation of his skin allowing a secondary infection to set in. The benadryl spray and shampoo will help with the primary irritation but the secondary infection will require some oral antibiotics to get rid of. Unfortunately these little infections cause irritation and itching and usually do not go away on their own. You can continue the topicals you are using as this will provide relief of the irritation until the antibiotics kick in and help clear up the infection. He will need to be seen by your vet most likely but i would contact them in the morning to see if you can get some antibiotics or if he needs to be taken in to get them.

I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!

Hi Cris,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Zeus. How is everything going?
Dr. Whitehead