Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

I was given Previcox dog after being spayed on Thursday. I

Customer Question

I was given Previcox for my dog after being spayed on Thursday. I told my vet I do not feel comfortable with this drug after researching it for another situation in which I was prescribed it for another dog in the past but against my wishes she prescribed it anyway. I chose to use a different pain med that I had at home from a previous vet visit (tramadol) and she has done fine. I'm just wondering if there was anything in the Previcox that she ABSOLUTELY needed to get to get to properly heal? Thank you for your opinion!!
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. I am sorry the expert you requested is not available. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today.

There is nothing in Previcox that is essential or required for post op analgesia after a spay. Using Tramadol is completely fine as well.

Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!