Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I had sprayed some roundup and grass killer. I am not sure

Customer Question

I had sprayed some roundup weed and grass killer. I am not sure if my 11 y.o. greyhound/golden retriever mix (68#) ingested some grass or was just smelling it. She does not appear to be in any distress. What should I do or watch for?
Thanks,
Ben Sklar
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be happy to help you. If she doesn't seem to be feeling ill in any way, there is no reason to be overly concerned at this point. It should be okay to monitor her. Watch for any excessive drooling, vomiting, bloody stools, lack of coordination, stumbling, weakness or tremors. If you notice any of these issues, then I would have her evaluated by your nearest emergency vet tonight. If she doesn't act any different at all and goes about her routines as usual, she most likely didn't ingest any or didn't ingest a lot of it. We normally worry about these type of toxicities when they have ingested larger amounts. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.
DISCLAIMER: My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, please rate it. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.