DrMelJ
DrMelJ, Veterinarian
Experience:  graduate of the University of MN College of Vet Med
24095035

My dog has bad diarhea and is vomiting. Is there anything I

Customer Question

My dog has bad diarhea and is vomiting. Is there anything I can give him?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  DrMelJ replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Thanks for the question. I'm sorry to hear Norman isn't feeling well. It sounds like he has some GI inflammation perhaps from eTung something he shouldn't. You can try giving him human pepto bismol. Give 1 tablespoon per 15 lbs body weight. He can have thus dose once every 6-8 hours. If vomiting and diarrhea do not improve within a day, he needs to see a vet. You also need to make sure he keeps drinking. Don't worry about feeding anything for the 8 hours (give his GI tract a break from food). But if he will not drink or cannot keep water down, he needs to go to the vet immediately or he will quickly get dehydrated. I hope this helps. Best of luck.