DrMelJ
DrMelJ, Veterinarian
Experience:  graduate of the University of MN College of Vet Med
24095035

Our six year old springer has peed in the same spot in our

Customer Question

Our six year old springer has peed in the same spot in our apartment three days in a row. This is atypical since she's house trained, and always hits us with her paw when she needs to go outside. The urine is foul smelling. Could she have a Uti? She's eating and drinking normally and doesn't act like she feels sick.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  DrMelJ replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Thanks for the question. Yes, it does sound like she has a UTI. They don't always feel sick or feverish especially early in the infection. I'd recommend getting her into the vet on Monday for treatment. Hopefully since you caught it early, it will be an easy course of antibiotics. In the meantime, take her out frequently and encourage water consumption. I hope this helps. Best wishes.