Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

My dog at a corn cob last night. He threw up this morning

Customer Question

my dog at a corn cob last night. He threw up this morning but not sure it all came up. What should I do?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. I'm Dr. Bruce and I've been a small animal veterinarian for over 15 years. Thank you for your question. I'm sorry to hear about Angus's situation. I'm going to be honest here and say that anytime a dog eats corn cobs, the situation really catches my attention. I've taken about 10 dogs to surgery over my career for having corn cob pieces lodged / stuck in their intestinal tract. The best thing that you can do is to get him to your vet today or an ER clinic for them to evaluate him. They can take some x-rays and more than likely do a barium dye series to see if he has a possible blockage from remaining corn cob pieces. With him vomiting this morning, there has to be concern that a blockage is there. At home, there really isn't anything specific that you can do for this situation besides wait and see what happens. Corn cobs just have the right size and consistency to be a big problem in certain dogs.