Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 1 and 11month old golden retreitriever was diagnosed with

Customer Question

My 1 and 11month old golden retreitriever was diagnosed with GME and is being treated with prednisone 25 mg Bid she weighs 47 pounds also she was given doxycycleine 20 mg bid for possible limes cause but Lymes has been rued out. What I have found out while reviewing her records is that she has been given five separate doses of the DAPP and Listero vaccine even though she is not even two years old. all cultures are neg.serum labs all normal. Mri, normal, and cps fluid lymphs at 179. no known cause aside from the last booster given exactly 3 weeks before her symptoms were so severe that she couldn't stand on four legs .Any advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated. thnakyou
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, my name is Jeana
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Some corrections to typos and extra info;
No previous history , FS golden ! yr 11 nth
CsF tap fluid-colorless-wbc-179 ,100 cell count diff - 30% neutophil , 28% small mononuclear cells,and 42% large mononuclear cells.
The small mono are consistent with lymphocytes
Few apoptic and mononuclear cells are noted . No etiologic against or evidence of neoplasia.
Micro- mixed cell pleocytosis/ inflammation, protein 70, glucose 45MrI showed mild meningeal enhancement
all Vital signs -normal
but for temp 103.1
Diagnosis stating toxic insult should be considered.
Doxycyleine 250 mg BID
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Camille and I’m a moderator for this topic. We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our Experts? Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question. Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal. Thank you, Camille~Moderator