Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My 13 year old Brittany spaniel is on Tramadol and Rimadyl.

Customer Question

My 13 year old Brittany spaniel is on Tramadol and Rimadyl. Is it safe to feed plain greek yogurt.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.
There are no risks in this situation. Therefore, it is fine to offer yogurt to this lad even if he is on Rimadyl or Tramadol. And just to not,e if you did ever have a concern with situations of this nature, we do generally find that waiting 2 hours after medication to offer yogurt gets around this issue if there is a dairy sensitivity associated with a treatment.
I hope this information is helpful.
If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!
All the best,
Dr. B.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank-you for your time today . I appreciate your expertise and advice. Have a great weekend
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome,
All the best to you both,
Dr. B.
Please remember to rate my answer when you are satisfied as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. IF you have any lingering questions or concerns, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Thank you. :)