Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

Just got home and found one or both of my dogs got into

Customer Question

Just got home and found one or both of my dogs got into chocolate whey protein. One dog is a Plott Hound about 70 lbs. the other an 11 year old terrier mix about 48 lbs. wondering if this requires just observing or a more significant course of action. Not sure how much was ingested since boy uses for body building.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about your dog. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

How long ago did they get this, best guess?

The main concern is the cocoa in the whey protein. Do you know the name of the product, and about how much they ate? If so, I can do some calculations and see if they got enough to be worried about. I had never heard of chocolate whey protein, so I looked it up (that is how I found out it has cocoa in it) but the cases I read about, all the dog were fine.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

How are your dogs doing?