Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dogs groin area is red painful full of rashes and his

Customer Question

My dogs groin area is red painful full of rashes and his skin is also peeling
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr:D replied 1 year ago.
Hello , this is DrD, I will try to address your question as much as I can , This looks a very painful situation and I believe Muffin is licking this area.Skin is inflamated and infected. I recommend a head collar to prevent licking.The skin needs to be clenaed with mild antiseptics, a cream with antibiotic and antihistamines may be needed to prevent itching and infection.An oral antibiotics are ususally needed in such cases.This could be due to allergic reaction to anything he is lying on like a bedding,blanket or a wet floor, pain due to urinary system infection,bladder stones , flea bites etc.etc. I would take him to his vet ASAP for a proper treatment. I hope this helps.Good luck to both.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can u please tell me the name of cream with antibiotics and antihistamines
Expert:  Dr:D replied 1 year ago.
Antibiotic cream : Mupirocin Antihistamine : Benadryl itch Cream.I would take him to his vet before using the above creams though.Please use it at your own risk.